The Administrative Support Officer – Operations will be required to perform various administrative functions across the Operations Department including undertaking water quality sampling and water quality data reporting. The successful applicant will provide administrative support to the Parks and Gardens, Works, Water and Wastewater and Stores Purchasing areas during periods of leave or high workload periods for administration officers.
This is a part time position with the hours of work totalling 48 hours per fortnight.
The key responsibilities include:
- Provide administrative support to the Operations Department under the general direction of the Manager Operations.
- Preparation and distribution of statutory reports to the Department of Energy and Water Supply, Queensland Water Supply Regulator, Department of Environment and Heritage Protection and other government agencies.
- Preparation of correspondence, public notices, press releases and other material relevant to the Operations Department.
- Compilation of Construction Workplace Plans and Traffic Management Plans.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Ability to communicate information in written, verbal and digital formats and work effectively with internal and external customers at all levels.
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills.
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite of applications.
- Ability to undertake water quality sampling using learned techniques.
- Minimum of class C drivers licence.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 3 ($44,243pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
Applications for 15/06 – Administrative Support Officer – Operations should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
Applications are to be submitted online using the Online Job Application Form.
Applications close on Wednesday, 25 March 2015. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Mr. Wayne Saldumbide – Manager Operations on (07) 4783 9800.