The Burdekin Region offers an outstanding lifestyle that is both contemporary and relaxed. The major township of Ayr is less than an hour’s drive to the city of Townsville. The Burdekin has abundant water supplies, excellent health and educational facilities, and an excellent array of cultural, sporting, and recreational activities.
The Senior Environmental Health Officer will work with the Environmental Health team to provide quality environmental health services to all residents of the Shire. The successful applicant will be required to ensure compliance with relevant legislation, address community needs, mentor and support team members, resolve complex issues and provide expert technical advice.
The key responsibilities include:
- Provide detailed and expert advice to internal and external clients on environmental management, public health, pest management and local laws matters.
- Lead and mentor staff in the Pest Management and Environmental Health teams to achieve the desired outcomes in each section.
- Develop and review policies, procedures and operational standards in the Environmental Health and Pest Management sections.
- Assist in the initiation, development and implementation of projects within portfolio programs in order to achieve Corporate and Operational Plan objectives.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Tertiary degree – Bachelor of Applied Science (Environmental Health) or similar from a university accredited and/or approved by Environmental Health Australia.
- Demonstrated high level of communication skills both written and oral with demonstrated ability to report clearly on complex matters and deliver presentations to varied audiences.
- Extensive and recent relevant experience in an Environmental Health role including direct supervision of staff.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Environmental Health and Local Government legislation and issues relevant to Local Government in Queensland.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake a range of projects and tasks, address issues and prioritise to meet deadlines and performance targets without supervision.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 6 ($85,434pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 15/07 - Senior Environmental Health Officer - (pdf 605.23 kB)
Applications for 15/07 – Senior Environmental Health Officer should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
Applications are to be submitted online using the Online Job Application Form.
Applications close on Monday, 30 March 2015. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Ms. Linda Govan – Coordinator Environment and Health on (07) 4783 9800.