Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for two Apprentices in the Parks and Gardens section. Council cannot guarantee continued employment after the completion of the three year apprenticeship.
The successful applicants will be required to complete a Trade certificate (AHC31010 – Certificate III in Parks and Gardens) while performing as an enthusiastic, productive and reliable member of the Parks and Gardens team in delivering a high standard of care and maintenance to Council parks, gardens, public open spaces and cemeteries.
The key responsibilities include:
- Complete all required training on time and to an acceptable level of competency, including attendance at block training sessions in Townsville
- Assist with the maintenance of Council parks, gardens, public open spaces and cemeteries by undertaking general labouring as directed by the immediate supervisor
The successful applicants will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE) or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to complete the 16 modules necessary to obtain the trade qualification within the set time frame
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Minimum of a “C” Class Licence
The gross fortnightly wage for a First Year Apprentice is $1,102.58.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 15/09 - Apprentice Parks and Gardens Tradesperson - (pdf 749.59 kB)
Applications for 15/09 – Apprentice Parks and Gardens Tradesperson should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
- online using the Online Job Application Form
- by email to
- by mail to
Confidential Application No. 15/09
PO Box 974
AYR Qld 4807
Applications close on Wednesday, 1 April 2015. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Mr. Tano Buono – Parks Coordinator on (07) 4783 9800.