The Asset Officer is responsible for providing asset management administration support, research and assisting with asset management projects.
The key responsibilities include:
- Apply requirements of asset management administration in a local government environment
- Undertake an information control and administration role for asset management of Infrastructure Asset classifications
- Provide asset management administration support and research with a high degree of judgement, initiative and confidentiality to the Manager Technical Services and other senior and subordinate Council officers
- Assist in identification and resolution of policies and issues, and establishment of procedures arising from local government asset management administration
- Assist Manager Technical Services and Manager Operations with preparation of annual and revised budgets and financial statements
- Undertake full financial administration of Council contracts and related documentation for infrastructure assets
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Associate Degree or Diploma in areas of Management/Business Administration/Personnel Management/Local Government/Computing/Accounting or extensive experience in associated fields
- Demonstrated experience in Asset Management including operation of computerised asset management software systems
- Demonstrated extensive written and oral communication skills
- Queensland ‘C’ class drivers licence.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office suite of applications including Excel
- Experience in Local Government functions and administration
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 5 ($77,683pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 15/11 - Asset Officer - (pdf 787.09 kB)
Applications for 15/11 – Asset Officer should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria (Please refer to the Position Description for the full list of selection criteria)
Applications are to be submitted online using the Online Job Application Form.
Applications close on Friday, 22 May 2015. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Mr. Reg Norman, Asset Management Coordinator on (07) 4783 9800.