The Asset Inspector / Technical Services Assistant is responsible for providing asset inspection and condition assessment data and assisting with the operation of the Technical Services Department including but not limited to engineering surveys, data input and para-technical support services.
The key responsibilities include:
- Apply requirements of asset management administration in a local government environment
- Undertake inspections of all classes of assets
- Provide asset condition data for assets to the Manager Technical Services and other senior and subordinate Council officers in accordance with adopted procedures
- Assist Manager Technical Services and Manager Operations with a variety of civil design and construction projects
- Assist Design Office Manager with engineering surveys
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Demonstrated knowledge of civil construction materials and processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of infrastructure assets including roads, water and sewerage systems, stormwater systems and buildings
- Demonstrated experience in construction, inspection and assessment of infrastructure assets
- Demonstrated experience in Asset Management
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 3 ($66,826pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 15/12 - Asset Inspector/Technical Services Assistant - (pdf 786.69 kB)
Applications for 15/12 – Asset Inspector / Technical Services Assistant should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria (Please refer to the Position Description for the full list of selection criteria)
Applications are to be submitted online using the Online Job Application Form.
Applications close on Friday, 22 May 2015. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Mr. Reg Norman, Asset Management Coordinator on (07) 4783 9800.