Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Community Development Support Officer. This is a part time, maternity relief position for a period of up to six months. The hours of work total 44.5 hours per fortnight covering Wednesday, Thursday and Friday each week.
The key responsibilities include:
- Provide support to the Manager Community Development
- Responsible for the administration functions of the Community Development Section
- Independently manage and implement small-scale projects or components of large-scale projects
- Strengthen partnerships with various stakeholders to build community knowledge of community development and actively involve residents in community development initiatives.
- Update Council’s website content and social media pages
- Liaise with current and potential hirers on venue information and availability, event details, and provide quotations and contract administration
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Ability to effectively communicate, liaise and research issues with community organisations and groups and other stakeholders
- Ability to prepare correspondence, such as support letters or reports to Government Ministers and Departments
- Ability to prepare funding applications for a variety of projects
- Demonstrated event management skills and proven ability and knowledge to undertake Council and community events
- High level of computer skills, including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign and the Internet
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 3 ($41,017) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 15/13 - Part Time Community Development Support Officer (Maternity Relief) - (pdf 785.43 kB)
Applications for 15/13 – Part Time Community Development Support Officer (Maternity Relief) should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria (Please refer to the Position Description for the full list of selection criteria)
Applications are to be submitted online using the Online Job Application Form.
Applications close on Wednesday, 27 May 2015. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Mr. Tony Vaccaro, Manager Community Development on (07) 4783 9800.