The Burdekin Region offers an outstanding lifestyle that is both contemporary and relaxed. The major township of Ayr is less than an hour’s drive to the city of Townsville. The Burdekin has abundant water supplies, excellent health and educational facilities, and an excellent array of cultural, sporting, and recreational activities.
The Rates Supervisor is responsible for maintaining Council’s property database, rating operations and collections in liaison with other Council sections, State and Federal government departments and collection agencies.
The key responsibilities include:
- Acquire and maintain thorough knowledge of legislation, regulations, policies and procedures including Council and State Government requirements for rating
- Support policy and budget formulation for Council rates and charges including revenue modelling
- Ensure and maintain the integrity of the property, land and rating base data for levying of rates and charges, property searches and rating system upgrades
- Co-ordinate timely production and distribution of annual, supplementary, half-year water consumption and overdue reminder notices
- Monitor debt collection processes and payment plans for overdue rates
- Supervise and co-ordinate rates personnel development and training
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Demonstrated administrative and supervisory skills
- Demonstrated significant experience in local government rating
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of legislation, regulations, policies and procedures for local government rating
- Proficient in operation of property and rating systems
- Intermediate skills in the use of Microsoft Office Systems
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 5 ($77,683) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 15/15 - Rates Supervisor - (pdf 778.89 kB)
Applications for 15/15 – Rates Supervisor should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria (Please refer to the Position Description for the full list of selection criteria)
Applications are to be submitted online using the Online Job Application Form.
Applications close on Monday, 29 June 2015. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Mrs. Kim Olsen, Manager Financial and Administrative Services on (07) 4783 9800.