Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Plumber in the Water and Waste Water section.
The key responsibilities include:
- Installation and maintenance of pipes, valves and hydrants in water, waste water and plumbing applications
- Asset condition monitoring and reporting
- Ensure work is completed to relevant Australian Standards
- Complete paperwork as required by the Supervisor including that related to Work Health & Safety, the preparation of Supply Services issues, completion of Job Diary, and ‘As Constructed’ Sketches
- Participate in the on-call roster
- Attend after-hours call-outs and emergency situations when rostered-on or as otherwise required
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Certification as a Trade qualified plumber
- Recent demonstrated experience in the construction of water pipelines and gravity sewer lines
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and have the required initiative to get the job done
- Proven ability to project manage including completing a job within the parameters of a fixed price and the ability to complete required paperwork
- Possession of a current driver’s licence – minimum of C class with MR preferred
The applicable salary is $57,712 per annum.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 15/16 - Plumber - (pdf 726.81 kB)
Applications for 15/16 – Plumber should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria (Please refer to the Position Description for the full list of selection criteria)
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
- online using the Online Job Application Form
- by email to
- by mail to
Confidential Application No. 15/16
PO Box 974
AYR Qld 4807
Applications close on Wednesday, 29 July 2015. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Mr. Gary Tickner, Water and Waste Water Overseer on (07) 4783 9800.