Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Rates Officer.
The Rates Officer will assist with the team objective to achieve excellent customer service, maintain information confidentiality and maximise Council’s main revenue source by contributing to a productive, efficient and effective workplace using creativity and initiative to develop and maintain Council’s property database and rating operations and collections.
The key responsibilities include:
- Ongoing maintenance to ensure integrity of the property and land rating database for levying of rates and charges, property searches and rating system upgrades
- Checking rate certificates prior to issue
- Assist with policy and budget formulation for Council rates and charges including revenue modelling
- Assist with debt collection processes for collection of overdue rates
- Issue of annual, supplementary and half-yearly water consumption and overdue reminder notices
- Preparation of rate reports including rating statement, audit reports, two year rating comparison, comparative annual rates collections report and other ad-hoc reports as required
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Demonstrated experience in local government property and rating systems, including knowledge and understanding of policies and procedures
- Demonstrated high level administrative and financial experience
- Ability to plan and prioritise own work to meet deadlines and achieve work outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to apply attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Demonstrated ability to handle private, confidential and sensitive information
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 4 ($73,031) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 15/17 - Rates Officer - (pdf 775.9 kB)
Applications for 15/17 – Rates Officer should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria (Please refer to the Position Description for the full list of selection criteria)
Applications are to be submitted online using the Online Job Application Form.
Applications close on Wednesday, 29 July 2015. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Mrs. Kim Olsen, Manager Financial and Administrative Services on (07) 4783 9800.