Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Compliance and Investigations Officer to carry out regulatory investigation, inspection, monitoring, consultation, and enforcement services for the improvement of public health, environment and safety standards for the community within the Burdekin Shire.
The key responsibilities include:
- Under the direction of the Coordinator Environment and Health, undertake compliance activities including inspections, patrols and investigations
- Investigate, enforce and prepare evidence for prosecution on matters relating to the enforcement of the Animal Management (Cats and Dogs) Act 2008
- Investigate customer requests relevant to the position and take enforcement action where necessary including issuing compliance notices and penalty infringement notices
- Prepare relevant reports, notices and correspondence relative to inspections, including the preparation and presentation of material for prosecution of offences
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- High written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to work in a high conflict area
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Good computer skills with the ability to adapt to new computer technology
- Demonstrated experience in legislation enforcement including issuing notices and obtaining and executing warrants
- Demonstrated understanding of animal management skills including understanding and assessing dangerous behaviour and capture techniques
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 4 ($73,031pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 15/19 - Compliance and Investigations Officer - (pdf 798.23 kB)
Applications for 15/19 – Compliance and Investigations Officer should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria (Please refer to the Position Description for the full list of selection criteria)
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
- online using the Online Job Application Form
- by email to
- by mail to
Confidential Application No. 15/19
PO Box 974
AYR Qld 4807
Applications close on Friday, 31 July 2015. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Ms. Linda Govan, Coordinator Environment and Health on (07) 4783 9800.