Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for an ICT Helpdesk Support Officer.
The ICT Help Desk Support Officer is the first point of contact for all ICT Support and will need to utilise their knowledge, training and skills to assist users and provide technical support across the organisation.
The key responsibilities include:
- Manage all request types end-to-end ensuring timely and accurate recording of information and data
- Provide technical troubleshooting and resolution of complex problems using investigative techniques
- Testing, installation and maintenance of Council’s client computers, software and peripherals
- Procurement, installation and maintenance of Council’s telecommunications equipment
- Maintain an understanding of Council’s client computers, peripherals and telecommunications equipment to assist with problem solving
- Undertake project work as requested by the ICT Support Team and the Web Coordinator.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Relevant IT Degree, Associate Diploma or Certificate 3 in Information Technology or demonstrated ICT Help Desk experience
- Demonstrated expert skills in and the ability to support Microsoft Windows Desktop and Office suite of applications and peripheral devices
- Demonstrated strong level of communication, negotiation and the ability to enhance the customer experience through coaching or training where possible
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are a must. The ability to think “outside the box” is part of this as not all problems can be resolved through existing documentation and processes
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritise own work to meet deadlines and achieve outcomes
- “C” Class Licence.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 4 ($73,031pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 15/20 - ICT Helpdesk Support Officer - (pdf 696.77 kB)
Applications for 15/20 – ICT Help Desk Support Officer should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria.
(Please refer to the Position Description for the full list of selection criteria.)
Applications are to be submitted online using the Online Job Application Form.
Applications close on Friday, 28 August 2015. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Mr. Dirk Dabelstein – ICT Coordinator on (07) 4783 9800.