Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for the Community Hub Coordinator to encourage involvement and participation in the Burdekin Community Hub through the establishment and ongoing development of partnerships with the local community and relevant entertainment and cultural industries.
The key responsibilities include:
- Assist the Manager Community Development to identify key projects and implement corporate strategies and community development programs
- Assist in the development and review of policies and plans for the development of the Community Hub and use of Council operated venues
- Assist in the development and implementation of the Community Hub Strategy and other initiatives of Council
- Support the coordination of key community activities, events and public programmes that enable residents and visitors to utilise facilities for recreation, entertainment and cultural activities
- Oversee the development, planning and delivery of events held in venues operated and managed by the department
- Coordinate staff and resources to deliver services on time and within budget
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Experience in event/venue management and event programme development
- Financial management skills and experience
- Exceptional communication and networking skills and a customer service focus
- Ability to supervise and manage staff
- Strong problem solving skills and proven ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Class C Licence
- Queensland Blue Card (Working with Children)
- Availability for regular after hours and weekend work
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 6 ($85,434pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 15/22 - Community Hub Coordinator - (pdf 662.25 kB)
Applications for 15/22 – Community Hub Coordinator should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
Applications are to be submitted online using the Online Job Application Form.
Applications close on Friday, 11 September 2015. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Mr. Tony Vaccaro – Manager Community Development on (07) 4783 9800.