Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Leading Hand (Line Marking) within the Works section.
The key responsibilities include:
- Perform functions required by Council to provide line marking on Council controlled roads
- Perform daily maintenance and thorough cleaning of line marking equipment to ensure full serviceability
- Undertake components of the Department’s works programme
- Under direction of the Works Foreman, control works on the job site
- Guide and assist crew members in construction and maintenance activities including quality control
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Demonstrated experience in the safe and competent operation of a line marking machine
- Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend detailed job plans and set out job sites accordingly
- Demonstrated ability to follow and understand the specifications for line marking requirements from the Australian standards and Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD)
- Proven ability to work under minimum supervision in a leadership role
- Current Class “MR” (Medium Rigid) driver’s licence
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 6IC ($55,217pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 15/23 - Leading Hand (Line Marking) - Works - (pdf 781.44 kB)
Applications for 15/23 – Leading Hand (Line Marking) – Works should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria (Please refer to the Position Description for the full list of selection criteria)
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
- online using the Online Job Application Form
- by email to
- by mail to
Confidential Application No. 15/23
PO Box 974
AYR Qld 4807
Applications close on Friday, 25 September 2015. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Mr. Rob Potter – Works Overseer on (07) 4783 9800.