Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for an Economic Development Support Officer. This is a part time, maternity relief position for a period of up to 15 months with the hours of work totalling 64 hours per fortnight.
The key responsibilities include:
- Support the Manager Economic Development to successfully carry out the functions of the Economic Development Section
- Assume responsibility for administration functions of the Economic Development Section
- Independently manage and implement small-scale projects or components of large-scale projects when required
- Provide or facilitate the provisions of resources to implement plans, initiatives and strategies relevant to the Economic Development Section
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Ability to effectively communicate and liaise with industry leaders, government and stakeholders
- Ability to prepare correspondence, such as support letters or reports to Government Ministers and Departments
- Ability to contribute to project teams and work as an active member of a team in planning and implementation of projects
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, to organise, set work priorities, meet deadlines and achieve work outcomes
- High level of computer skills, including Finance One, Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign and the Internet
- Current class C drivers licence
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 3 ($58,991pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Applications for 15/24 – Economic Development Support Officer (Maternity Relief) should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
Applications are to be submitted online using the Online Job Application Form.
Applications close on Friday, 25 September 2015. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Mr. Adrian Scott – Manager Economic Development on (07) 4783 9800.