Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Rates Officer.
The Rates Officer will assist with the team objective to achieve excellent customer service, maintain information confidentiality and maximise Council’s main revenue source by contributing to a productive, efficient and effective workplace using creativity and initiative to develop and maintain Council’s property database and rating operations and collections.
The key responsibilities include:
- Ongoing maintenance to ensure integrity of the property and land rating database for levying of rates and charges, property searches and rating system upgrades
- Generating and checking rate certificates prior to issue
- Ensure prompt response to customer requests for rating and property related information including assistance to other officers across Council departments
- Assist with debt collection processes for collection of outstanding rates
- Assist with issue of annual, supplementary and half-yearly water consumption notices
- Assist with preparation of rate reports including rating statement, audit reports, two and five year rating comparisons, comparative annual rates collections report
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Demonstrated high level of administrative and financial experience
- Demonstrated ability to learn multiple new work procedures and adapt to changes in process, practice, and technology, while applying attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritise own work to meet deadlines and achieve desired work outcomes
- Experience in Local Government property and rating systems, including knowledge and understanding of policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a team that values a positive working environment, self-development and initiative
- Demonstrated ability to handle private, confidential and sensitive information
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 3 ($66,826pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 15/27 - Rates Officer - (pdf 837.84 kB)
Applications for 15/27 – Rates Officer should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
Applications are to be submitted online using the Online Job Application Form.
Applications close on Friday, 23 October 2015. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Mrs. Rosalyn Hook – Rates Supervisor on (07) 4783 9800.