Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Media and Communications Support Officer. This is a part-time position with the hours of work totalling 36.25 hours per fortnight.
The successful applicant will assist the Media and Communications Officer in providing high-quality and efficient media support and customer services within the Council.
The key responsibilities include:
- Assist the Media and Communications Officer with scheduling, producing and monitoring Council’s Social Media sites (Facebook, Twitter and Google+)
- Assist the Media and Communications Officer create and produce professional looking promotional material
- Assist in researching and collating material and pictures showing Council works and programs for corporate documents
- Assist with updating, monitoring and reviewing corporate information on Council’s website
- Assist in collating information for newsletters
- Assist in placing orders for printing of corporate promotional material
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Tertiary qualification in Communications or Journalism
- Ability to communicate information in written, verbal and digital formats and work effectively with internal and external customers at all levels
- Demonstrated knowledge of local government, media and social media
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle private, confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to maintain a harmonious and productive team environment
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 3 ($33,413pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 15/29 - Media and Communications Support Officer (part time) - (pdf 841.82 kB)
Applications for 15/29 – Media and Communications Support Officer should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
Applications are to be submitted online using the Online Job Application Form.
Applications close on Wednesday, 28 October 2015. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Julie Davies – Media and Communications Officer on
(07) 4783 9903.