Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for an Administration Officer to undertake a range of clerical activities including minute taking.
The key responsibilities include:
- Perform a range of clerical activities requiring the application of established work procedures within the Administration Section.
- Minute taking and preparation of minutes for Council, Committee and other meetings.
- Daily capture and registration of correspondence within council’s record management system.
- Agenda compilation and distribution
- Provide support requiring the exercise of sound judgement, confidentiality and sensitivity
- Assist with disposal of records which have met the requirements of approved retention and disposal schedules
- Assist Records staff with the search and retrieval of corporate documents
- Assist with routine records tasks and processes
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Developing knowledge of statutory requirements relevant to the work area including record retention and disposal schedules
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Ability to work autonomously under general supervision and direction
- Ability to apply attention to detail to own work
- Ability to learn new systems and skills quickly and apply new knowledge to the workplace
- Apply conditions of privacy, confidentiality, and sensitivity to all work-related documents, situations, and information.
- General administration experience
- Experience with meeting minute taking
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 2 ($60,625pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or can be downloaded using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 15/30 Administration Officer - (pdf 834.99 kB)
Applications for 15/30 – Administration Officer should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
Applications are to be submitted online using the Online Job Application Form.
Applications close on Friday, 30 October 2015. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact the Administration and Records Coordinator, Mrs. Jacqui Thomasson on (07)4783 9800