Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for an Apprentice Engineering Tradesperson – Mechanical (Diesel Fitter) in Council’s workshop for a period of up to four years. Council cannot guarantee continued employment after completion of the apprenticeship.
The key responsibilities include:
- Assist in the effective provision of mechanical services for the repair, maintenance and servicing of Council’s plant and equipment
- Be able to work in a workshop environment at Council’s Jones Street Depot
- Complete all required training on time and to an acceptable level of competency
- Operate within the approved span of working hours (6.00am to 6.00pm)
- Operate outside of the approved span of working hours when required
- Operate with supervision as a mobile apprentice mechanic servicing Council’s on site plant and equipment and outlying Depots as well as Councils workshop at Jones St Depot
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Satisfactory standard of education of at least Grade 10 – provision of subjects and results
- Demonstrated interest in completing a mechanical trade
- Ability to undertake a course of study and implement learned principles in the workplace
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to follow both written and verbal instructions
- Demonstrated physical attributes of manual dexterity, stamina, and good hearing and vision
The gross fortnightly wage for a First Year Apprentice is $802.55.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 15/33 - Apprentice Engineering Tradesperson - Mechanical (Diesel Fitter) - (pdf 841.99 kB)
Applications for 15/33 – Apprentice Engineering Tradesperson – Mechanical (Diesel Fitter) should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria (Please refer to the Position Description for the full list of selection criteria)
Applications are to be submitted online using the Traineeship and Apprenticeship Application Form.
Applications close on Friday, 30 October 2015. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Kevin Holt – Workshop Supervisor on (07) 4783 9800.