Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for an Accounts Payable Officer. This is a part-time position with the hours of work totalling 48 hours per fortnight.
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Administrator the primary function of this role is to provide accounts payable, financial and administrative support.
The key responsibilities include:
- Review, follow up of incomplete items and data entry of creditor invoices and reconciling of monthly statements to ensure accurate, appropriate and timely creditor account processing for weekly, fortnightly and monthly payment runs
- Ensure accurate claiming of Goods & Services Tax (GST) for monthly Business Activity Statement (BAS)
- Maintain creditors’ masterfile database
- Resolve and respond to Creditors’ requests and correspondence
- Prepare Excel spreadsheets for Daily Cash Flow, Caltex Starcard, BOC, photocopier maintenance agreement and apportion electricity accounts including Street Lights and telephone accounts
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Demonstrated high level of administrative and financial experience with attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate information in written, verbal and digital formats and work effectively with internal and external customers at all levels
- Ability to maintain a harmonious and productive team environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite and relevant financial systems
- Demonstrated ability to handle private, confidential and sensitive information
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 3 ($44,243pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 15/35 - Accounts Payable Officer - (pdf 737.81 kB)
Applications for 15/35 – Accounts Payable Officer (Part Time) should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
Applications are to be submitted online using the Online Job Application Form.
Applications close on Friday, 20 November 2015. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Kim Olsen – Manager Financial and Administrative Services on (07) 4783 9800.