Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Community Development Support Officer. This is a part-time position with the hours of work totalling 44.5 hours per fortnight.
The key responsibilities include:
- Provide support to the Community Development team
- Responsible for the administration functions of the Community Development Section
- Independently manage and implement small-scale projects or components of large-scale projects
- Strengthen partnerships with various stakeholders to build community knowledge of community development and actively involve residents in community development initiatives
- Update Council’s website content and social media pages
- Liaise with current and potential hirers on venue information and availability, event details, and provide quotations and contract administration
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Ability to effectively communicate, liaise and research issues with community organisations and groups and other stakeholders
- Ability to prepare correspondence, such as support letters or reports to Government Ministers and Departments
- Ability to prepare funding applications for a variety of projects
- Demonstrated event management skills and proven ability and knowledge to undertake Council and community events
- High level of computer skills, including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign and the Internet
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 3 ($41,017pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 15/38 - Community Development Support Officer - (pdf 735.79 kB)
Applications for 15/38 – Community Development Support Officer should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
Applications are to be submitted online using the Online Job Application Form.
Applications close on Friday, 27 November 2015. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Tony Vaccaro – Manager Community Development on (07) 4783 9800.