Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Mechanical Fitter in the Water and Wastewater section.
The key responsibilities include:
- Maintenance to pump stations within the reticulation area
- Mechanical maintenance of plant at various Burdekin Shire Council sites
- General mechanical installation and maintenance work on plant and equipment which includes but is not limited to:
– Chlorination and other chemical equipment
– Various mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic items of equipment
– Various pumps and other items of equipment including safe removal of sewerage blockages from pumps and needle disposal to sharps containers as required
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Trade qualification – Fitter and Turner or Boilermaker
- Welding experience (stick, oxy, MIG and TIG)
- Extensive experience in machine shop including lathe and plasma cutting operations
- Demonstrated experience in calibration, fault finding, and carrying out plant investigations including hydraulic and pneumatic actuators
- Understanding of plant maintenance practices and principles
- Current MR Class Licence
The gross fortnightly wage for this position is $2,219.01 which includes Construction Allowance.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 16/04 - Mechanical Fitter - Water and Wastewater - (pdf 518.9 kB)
Applications for 16/04 – Mechanical Fitter – Water and Wastewater should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
- online using the Online Job Application Form
- by email to
- by mail to –
Confidential Application No. 16/04
PO Box 974
AYR Qld 4807
Applications will close on Friday, 29 January 2016.
For further information please contact the Acting Overseer Water and Wastewater, Mr. Darryl Smallman on (07) 4783 9939.