Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Supervisor within the Works section.
The key responsibilities include:
- Under general direction plan, supervise and co-ordinate assigned projects in the Council’s capital and maintenance works programmes on a day to day basis, exercising initiative in the application of established works procedures
- Under general direction plan, supervise and co-ordinate the maintenance and construction of Council assets in connection with roads and footpaths, kerbing and channelling and stormwater drainage, boat ramps, and other functions of Council which require the supervision of plant and labour
- Under limited direction, control projects within budget allocation
- Supervise workforce and external contractors, for allocated jobs
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Considerable experience in the construction industry supervision in general and in particular relating to Local Authority, Department of Transport and Main Roads works construction and maintenance
- Ability to effectively manage complex civil construction and maintenance projects
- Ability to effectively manage staff
- Considerable experience in job costing control, cost forecasting, maintaining job safety and quality documents, and site records
- Certificate IV in Civil Construction or equivalent recognised experience
- “C” class drivers licence
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 4 ($74,554pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 16/06 - Supervisor - Works - (pdf 485.34 kB)
Applications for 16/06 – Supervisor – Works should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
- online using the Online Job Application Form
- by email to
- by mail to
Confidential Application No. 16/06
PO Box 974
AYR Qld 4807
Applications will close on Friday, 4 March 2016. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact the Works Overseer, Mr. Robert Potter on (07) 4783 9930.