Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Grader Operator within the Works section.
The key responsibilities include:
- Undertake components of the Department’s works programme, demonstrating an ability to make judgements on routine work conditions and processes, independent from senior staff and accepting responsibility for those judgements
- Assist to construct/maintain large and demanding jobs in accordance with customer specifications, plans and documentation, often with significant potential financial impact on Council
- Undertake all work as detailed in the relevant work quality plans and work procedures ensuring compliance with all Acts, Regulations and Codes of Practice including Main Road Signage, Electrical Safety and the like
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Possession of current LG (Grader) certificate of competency
- Demonstrated experience in final trim Grader operations
- Proven ability to recognise and follow both verbal and written instructions
- Demonstrated supervisory experience
- Hold and maintain a Class HR driver’s licence
The gross fortnightly wage for this position ranges from $2,123.72 to $2,266.74 with the commencing salary dependent upon skills and experience.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 16/08 - Grader Operator - Works - (pdf 444.97 kB)
Applications for 16/08 – Grader Operator – Works should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
- online using the Online Job Application Form
- by email to
- by mail to
Confidential Application No. 16/08
PO Box 974
AYR Qld 4807
Applications will close on Wednesday, 6 April 2016. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact the Works Overseer, Mr. Robert Potter on (07) 4783 9930.