Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Leading Hand – Construction within the Works section.
The key responsibilities include:
- Undertake significant components of the Department’s works programme
- Undertake all work as detailed in the relevant work quality plans and work procedures ensuring compliance with all Acts, Regulations and Codes of Practice including Main Road Signage, Electrical Safety and the like
- Co-ordinate private contracted plant and services as required on job site
- Under direction of the Works Supervisor, control works on the job site
- Supervise team members on the job site
- Guide and assist gang members in construction and maintenance activities including quality control
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Demonstrated experience in new road construction, drainage works, concreting, Main Roads and Council maintenance operations
- Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend job plans, specifications and reinforcing schedules
- Demonstrated ability to supervise team members and work under minimum supervision
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage time, set priorities and plan works
- Current Class “MR” (Medium Rigid) driver’s licence
The gross fortnightly wage for this position ranges from $2,123.72 to $2,266.74 with the commencing salary dependent upon skills and experience.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 16/09 - Leading Hand - Construction - Works - (pdf 437.61 kB)
Applications for 16/09 – Leading Hand – Construction – Works should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
- online using the Online Job Application Form
- by email to
- by mail to
Confidential Application No. 16/09
PO Box 974
AYR Qld 4807
Applications will close on Wednesday, 6 April 2016. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact the Works Overseer, Mr. Robert Potter on (07) 4783 9930.