Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Human Resources Officer to assist the Human Resources section in the areas of Training and Development, Safety, Payroll and Human Resources in general.
The key responsibilities include:
- Provide administration assistance to the training and development function including:
– Arranging employee training as requested.
– Assist with the employee induction programs.
– Arranging travel and accommodation for employees.
– Assist with arrangements for conference, workshop, and forums registration for employees.
- Provide administration assistance to the Safety and Audit function including:
– General filing and administration duties for the Safety and Internal Audit section.
– Assist with site inspections.
– Safety Meeting arrangements and administration duties.
- Provide administration assistance to the Payroll function including:
– Timesheet collection and entry.
– Develop skills to undertake relief duties in payroll.
– General filing and administration duties.
- Assist with Council recruitment processes.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 3 ($66,826pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 16/11 - Human Resources Officer - (pdf 451.35 kB)
Applications for 16/11 – Human Resources Officer should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
- online using the Online Job Application Form
- by email to
- by mail to
Confidential Application No. 16/11
PO Box 974
AYR Qld 4807
Applications close on Tuesday, 26 April 2016. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Belinda Tinus – Human Resources Coordinator on (07) 4783 9800.