Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Customer Services Officer. This position involves working on a rotational basis across the call centre and front counter. This position is a permanent part-time position with hours worked from 9am to 5pm daily, totalling 70 hours per fortnight.
The key responsibilities include:
- Provide high quality multifunctional Customer Service to the Burdekin Shire Council’s external and internal customers
- Provide a positive and proactive service to customers through effective communication, conflict resolution, problem solving and advocacy
- Process all service requests for the provision of works and tasks to be undertaken via our electronic Customer Request Management System
- Report to supervisor in a timely manner on issues and activities likely to influence Council operations or adversely impact relations with Council’s customers
- Receipting functions for customers by way of cash, cheques and EFTPOS facilities
- Process all Council applications, permits and payments efficiently
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire positon description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 3 ($35.45 per hour) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 16/17 - Customer Services Officer - (pdf 434.96 kB)
Applications for 16/17 – Customer Services Officer should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
- online using the Online Job Application Form
- by email to
- by mail to
Confidential Application No. 16/17
PO Box 974
AYR Qld 4807
Applications close on Wednesday, 8 June 2016. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Ms. Eileen Robinson – Manager Client Services on
(07) 4783 9800.