Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Labourer in the Works section to assist with the construction and maintenance of roads, footpaths, drainage structures, boat ramps and other Council infrastructure.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Demonstrated sound written and verbal communication skills and the ability to follow both written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to assess safety risks and complete and understand risk assessments associated with works.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Physical ability necessary to undertake manual handling and labouring for extended period in direct sunlight if required.
- MR Drivers Licence.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The gross fortnightly wage for this position is $1,934.89 which includes Construction Allowance.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 16/25 - Labourer - Works - (pdf 436.8 kB)
Applications for 16/25 – Labourer – Works should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
- online using the Online Job Application Form
- by email to
- by mail to
Confidential Application No. 16/25
PO Box 974
AYR Qld 4807
Applications close on Friday, 12 August 2016. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Robert Potter – Works Overseer on (07) 4783 9800.