Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Labourer – Form Setter/Concreter in the Works section.
The key responsibilities include:
- Undertake concrete work including the construction and repair of concrete pits, slabs, kerbing and channelling and the installation and maintenance of drainage structures.
- Skills required include plan reading, site preparation and levelling, set-out and installation of formwork and concrete finishing to a high standard.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Experience in form-setting/concrete works in the civil construction industry.
- Proven ability to recognise and follow both verbal and written instructions.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Physical ability necessary to undertake manual handling and labouring for extended period in direct sunlight if required.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The gross fortnightly wage for this position ranges from $1,934.89 to $2,004.69 with the commencing wage dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 16/29 - Labourer - Form Setter/Concreter - Works - (pdf 434.18 kB)
Applications for 16/29 – Labourer – Form Setter / Concreter – Works should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
- online using the Online Job Application Form
- by email to
- by mail to
Confidential Application No. 16/29
PO Box 974
AYR Qld 4807
Applications close on Friday, 30 September 2016. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact the Works Overseer – Mr. Robert Potter on (07) 4783 9800.