Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Library Community Services Officer.
The key responsibilities include:
- Exercise responsibility for all aspects of the Community Outreach services to ensure the delivery of quality service and optimum utilisation of financial, physical and human resources.
- Develop, promote and deliver services and events both internally and throughout the community that improves the social, cultural, learning and economic outcomes for the community. These may include but are not limited to children, youth, adults, seniors and community groups.
- Implement and direct the First 5 Forever program (Early Childhood Literacy Program).
- Provide customer assistance at the library customer service desk when needed.
- Maximise community awareness of and participation in the use of the libraries and library services including the use of social media where relevant.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education; or substantial work experience relevant to the position.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of services and programs to a demographically diverse audience.
- Experience in working with modern technologies and skills to apply those technologies in an innovative Library environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of public libraries and current issues relating to them.
- Demonstrated ability to present baby rhyme time and storytelling sessions for children.
- Experience in working with all age groups particularly within a public library environment.
- Queensland Blue Card (Working with Children).
- Current “C” Class drivers licence.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire Position Description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 4 ($73,031pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 16/35 - Library Community Services Officer - (pdf 435.94 kB)
Applications for 16/35 – Library Community Services Officer should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found on the last page of the Position Description
Applications close on Friday, 11 November 2016. Word or PDF format is preferable.
Applications are to be submitted online using the Online Job Application Form.
For further information please contact Mrs. Robyn Elphinstone on (07) 4783 9800.