Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for two Technical Officers to assist the Manager Design Office in providing design, drafting, infrastructure asset management and technical services.
The key responsibilities include:
- Undertake surveys, design, drafting, estimating, and compilation of specifications, job supervision, contract administration, costing analysis and asset database maintenance.
- Undertake projects as a technical project officer including tender assessment and project implementation, as constructed recording and asset and maintenance management.
- Implement technical projects co-ordinating necessary tradesman, technicians and other personnel.
- Provide timely and relevant reports, designs and specifications, and information to other officers and Council.
- Undertake special technical projects to identify problems and create solutions.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Tertiary Educational Qualifications equivalent to an Associate Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Experience in some of the following Industry construction office practices; drafting, scheduling, quantity surveying, estimation, cost control, as constructed records, cost forecasting and the use of computers as an aid to those activities.
- Proven ability to supervise and develop other employees.
- Experience in contract administration and supervision.
- Class C drivers licence.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire Position Description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 6 ($85,434pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 16/37 - Technical Officers - Civil - (pdf 437.26 kB)
Applications for 16/37 – Technical Officer – Civil should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found on the last page of the Position Description
Applications are to be submitted online using the Online Job Application Form.
Applications close on Friday, 13 January 2017. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact the Manager Design Office – Mr. Matthew Ingle on (07) 4783 9800.