Queenslanders are encouraged to have their say on the green paper on fisheries management reform. The purpose of the green paper is to engage with the community and stakeholders about the best approach for managing Queensland’s fisheries resources into the future.
The green paper outlines:
- the Government’s vision for the management of wild harvest fisheries
- where we want to be, and
- the proposed reforms that are required.
The green paper is a major step in developing a strategic policy to guide the management of Queensland’s fisheries resources into the future. Feedback received in response to this green paper will be used by the Government to determine which initiatives are supported by the public.
Answer the online survey
There are 2 ways to have your say online:
1. Quick online survey – 8 questions which are a subset of the reforms and associated questions which are likely to be of most interest.
2. Longer online survey – 21 questions that address all reform areas and associated questions
You have the choice of answering either the quick or longer survey, or both if you wish.
- You may choose to answer the questions provided which are there to guide discussion or you may choose to just comment against the reforms of most interest to you.
- You don’t need to answer all questions – only those that you wish to provide feedback on.
- At any time you can save your responses and complete later. Please note you will locked out if inactive for 45 minutes.
- The survey closes 30 September 2016, 11.59pm.
Green paper in full
Green paper ‒ overview
Green paper – summary of reforms