Council’s air scouring crew will be undertaking scouring of water mains as follows:
- Hoey Street from Railway to Young Streets – Tuesday 12th April
- Young Street from Gordon to Hoey Streets – Wednesday 13th April
- Hoey Street from young to Edwards Streets – Wednesday 13th April
- Young Street from Burke to Wilmington Streets – Thursday 14th April
- Gordon Street from Young to Edwards Street – Saturday 16th April
- Young Street from Hoey to Burke Streets – Saturday 16th April
The air scouring process requires the isolation of sections of water main and household water services. Each section will be isolated for a maximum of six (6) hours between 9:00am and 3:00pm during which water supply will be disrupted.
You are advised to store ample drinking water for one day’s supply.
Residents in this area may experience water discolouration for up to two days after works are completed. You may wish to postpone washing of clothes etc., during that time.
Please ensure that any dogs are restrained in an area away from the water meter to enable safe access for Council employees. Gates should be unlocked or, if this is not possible, please contact Council’s Customer Service Section to discuss access provision.
If you have any queries in relation to this matter please do not hesitate to contact Council’s Customer Service Centre on 4783 9800 between the hours of 8.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m.