Burdekin Shire Council is seeking an experienced Library Services Manager to oversee the daily operations of the library delivering a customer and community focused library and information service.
Reporting directly to the Manager Community Development, the key responsibilities include:
- Provide effective strategic direction and operational management of the library service.
- Identify, develop and maintain effective library policies, procedures and systems for the library service.
- Monitor and respond to changing community expectations and needs of library collections.
- Oversee the provision and development of local history and heritage services.
- Oversee selection, cataloguing and classifying of all material within the library.
- Oversee maintenance of library collections through selection and de-selection programs.
- Manage financial control of budget expenditure and prepare budget estimates where required.
- Compile statistical reports for Council and State Library of Queensland.
In addition to substantial experience in Public Libraries and a demonstrated ability to manage a Public Library, the ideal candidate will have demonstrated skills in managing, motivating and leading staff, advanced communication and customer service skills and a sound knowledge of information technology, internet and social media tools.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 6 ($85,434pa) with commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 17/15 - Library Services Manager - (pdf 431.72 kB)
Applications for 17/15 – Library Services Manager should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found on the last page of the Position Description
Applications are to be submitted online using the Online Job Application Form.
Applications close on Wednesday 17 May, 2017 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact the Manager Community Development – Tony Vaccaro on (07) 4783 9800.