Burdekin Shire Council is seeking an experienced Corporate Records Officer to assist with the management of Council’s corporate records.
Reporting to the Administration and Records Coordinator, the key responsibilities include:-
- Contribute to the operational objectives of the work area by actively promoting, monitoring and auditing the application of records management policies and procedures.
- Complete the daily classification and distribution of correspondence to relevant officers for action, scanning and profiling of physical documentation.
- Contribute to the ongoing development, operation, maintenance and security of the Council’s electronic document and records management system – TechnologyOne ECM.
- Establish and conduct a staff training program for ECM and the integration functionalities of TechnologyOne Property & Rating, including the preparation of user guides.
- Liaise with staff and assist with the disposal of records which have met the requirements of approved retention and disposal schedules.
In addition to a demonstrated experience in the records/information management field, the ideal candidate will have previous experience in the operation, maintenance and administration of an electronic document and records management system, knowledge of the legislative requirements relating to the management of information within the public sector and knowledge of the functional approach to classification of business information and the relationship with approved retention and disposal schedules.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 4 ($73,031pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 17/17 - Corporate Records Officer - (pdf 428.77 kB)
Applications for 17/17 – Corporate Records Officer should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found on the last page of the Position Description
Applications are to be submitted online using the Online Job Application Form.
Applications close on Monday 29 May, 2017 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact the Administration and Records Coordinator – Jacqui Thomasson on (07) 4783 9800.