Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Casual Plant Operator at Council’s Landfill to provide relief during periods of leave.
The key responsibilities include:
- Operation of Compactor and Front End Loader.
- Daily pushing, compacting and covering waste.
- Monitoring and maintenance of segregated waste and storage areas (green waste, concrete, metals etc.).
- Operation of computer and weighbridge, receipt of fees and issuing of receipts.
- Ensuring waste acceptance criteria are met.
- Controlling and directing general public and any contractors operating on site.
- Determining correct waste disposal charges to be levied.
- Customer service.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The hourly rate for this position is $27.29 plus the applicable casual loading.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 17/23 - Casual Plant Operator - Kirknie Landfill - (pdf 441.2 kB)
Applications for 17/23 – Casual Plant Operator – Kirknie Landfill should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
- online using the Online Job Application Form
- by email to
- by mail to
Confidential Application No. 17/23
PO Box 974
AYR Qld 4807
Applications close on Wednesday, 5 July 2017. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Lachlan Kerr – Coordinator Waste Services on (07) 4783 9800.