Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Rates Officer. This is a maternity relief position for a period of up to 15 months.
The key responsibilities include:
- Ongoing maintenance to ensure integrity of the property and land rating database for levying of rates and charges, property searches and rating system upgrades.
- Checking rate certificates prior to issue.
- Assist with policy and budget formulation for Council rates and charges including revenue modelling.
- Assist with debt collection processes for collection of overdue rates.
- Issue of annual, supplementary and half-yearly water consumption and overdue reminder notices.
- Preparation of rate reports including rating statement, audit reports, two year rating comparison, comparative annual rates collections report and other ad-hoc reports as required.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Demonstrated experience in local government property and rating systems, including knowledge and understanding of policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated high level administrative and financial experience.
- Ability to plan and prioritise own work to meet deadlines and achieve work outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to apply attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Demonstrated ability to handle private, confidential and sensitive information.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn multiple new work procedures.
- Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Office Systems.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 4 ($73,031pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 17/24 - Rates Officer (Maternity Relief) - (pdf 214 kB)
Applications for 17/24 – Rates Officer (Maternity Relief) should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications are to be submitted online using the Online Job Application Form.
Applications close on Wednesday 12 July 2017 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Mrs Kim Olsen, Manager Financial and Administrative Services on (07) 4783 9800.