Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Cadet Technical Officer – Design. The successful applicant will be required to undertake full time employment while completing an Associate Degree of Engineering (Civil) through the University of Southern Queensland.
The key responsibilities include:
- Enrol in an Associate Degree of Engineering (Civil) and commit to studying for and obtaining this qualification. Apply this knowledge to the workplace.
- Under general direction, undertake surveys, design, drafting, estimating, and compilation of specifications, job supervision, costing analysis and asset database maintenance.
- Undertake projects as a technical project officer, including investigation, design, cost estimation, specification preparation, tender assessment and project implementation, as constructed recording and asset and maintenance management.
- Participate in Council’s Flood Reporting Service including preparation of reports during times of floods.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE) or equivalent, with a minimum achievement of a sound level in English and Mathematics A.
- Demonstrated ability and time management skills to enable study towards the required tertiary degree while working full-time.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in school, sporting or community associations.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and take direction from qualified associates and management.
- Experience in computer graphics and design.
- Experience in basic construction activities.
- Class C drivers licence.
The commencing salary is dependent upon age and experience with a minimum starting rate of $28,987 per annum.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 17/26 - Cadet Technical Officer - (pdf 223.22 kB)
Applications for 17/26 – Cadet Technical Officer – Design should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Friday, 18 August 2017 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Matthew Ingle, Design Office Manager on (07) 4783 9800