Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Compliance Officer. This is a maternity relief position for a period of up to 4 months.
The key responsibilities include:
- Undertake compliance activities including inspections, patrols and investigations, to identify breaches of Council’s Local Laws and the Animal Management (Cats and Dogs) Act, including seizure and impounding of animals including livestock.
- Undertake investigations into alleged dog attacks, aggressive /nuisance animals, breaches of conditions for regulated and/or restricted dogs.
- Investigate customer requests and take enforcement action when necessary including issuing compliance notices, penalty infringement notices and obtaining warrants.
- Gather and document evidence for further enforcement action, including interviewing alleged offenders and preparing statements; taking and storing photographic evidence and collection and storage of physical evidence.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in handing animals including dogs, cats and livestock.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to work in high conflict area.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Basic computer skills with the ability to adapt to new computer technology.
- Demonstrated understanding, or the ability to acquire understanding, in legislation enforcement.
- Possession of a current Queensland “C” class drivers licence for manual vehicles.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 3 ($66,826pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 17/27 - Compliance Officer (Maternity Relief) - (pdf 211.43 kB)
Applications for 17/27 – Compliance Officer (Temporary) should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Monday, 14 August 2017 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Anne Christman – Technical Officer Environment and Health on (07) 4783 9800.