Burdekin Shire Council is seeking applications for a Casual Compliance Officer to join our Compliance Team.
Reporting to the Coordinator Environment and Health, this position will be required to provide on-call services and provide relief support for the Compliance Team. On-call services includes on weekends, public holidays and during Council closures.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in handing animals including dogs, cats and livestock.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to work in high conflict area.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated understanding, or the ability to acquire understanding, in legislation enforcement.
- Basic computer skills with the ability to adapt to new computer technology.
- Possession of a current Queensland “C” class drivers licence for manual vehicles.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The hourly rate for this position is $24.68 plus the applicable casual loading.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 17/29 - Casual Compliance Officer - (pdf 215.91 kB)
Applications for 17/29 – Casual Compliance Officer should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Monday, 28 August 2017 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact the Technical Officer Environment and Health – Anne Christman on (07) 4783 9800.