Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for Casual Transfer Station Gatehouse Attendants to provide relief duties during periods of leave at the Council’s transfer stations.
The key responsibilities include:
- Operate associated technology in order to accurately record transaction details, as required.
- Receiving fees including cash, and issue receipts.
- Ensure money received reconciles with transactions.
- Complete reports on transactions and associated activities.
- Reject loads of waste that do not meet approved acceptance criteria for the transfer station.
- Supervise public and direct traffic at the transfer station.
- Set prices and sell second hand goods.
- Clean and undertake housekeeping duties on site.
- Maintain hazardous waste collection areas and ensure material is correctly stored.
- Undertake yard maintenance duties including maintenance of signs or other equipment.
- Treat customers in a courteous and friendly manner.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The hourly rate for this position is $25.45 plus the applicable casual loading.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 17/30 - Casual Transfer Station Gatehouse Attendants - (pdf 207.04 kB)
Applications for 17/30 – Casual Transfer Station Gatehouse Attendants should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Monday, 28 August 2017 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact the Coordinator Waste Services – Lachlan Kerr on (07) 4783 9800.