Burdekin Shire Council is seeking applications for a Disaster Management Officer.
This is a part time position with the hours of work totalling 36.25 hours per fortnight. The days and hours of work are flexible and will be determined in consultation with the successful applicant.
This position will be responsible for participating in the development, facilitation and coordination of Council’s and the Burdekin Local Disaster Management Groups disaster management planning, preparation, prevention, response and recovery in accordance with Council’s obligations under the Disaster Management Act 2003.
Reporting directly to the Burdekin Local Disaster Coordinator and working with the Local Disaster Management Group, the key responsibilities include:
- Undertake day-to-day disaster management tasks and activities.
- Assist in the preparation, response and recovery activities for emergencies affecting local residents and visitors including community education and awareness programs.
- Update and monitor the information on the Burdekin Shire Council’s Emergency webpage and ensure all information is current.
- Assist in the development, coordination and facilitation of community based programs and promotions associated with local disaster management plans and emergency response strategies.
- Be responsible for the management and coordination of the Local Disaster Coordination Centre during times of activation and ensuring all staff and agencies are fully trained in Council’s emergency management software Guardian.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The annual salary for this part time position is to a ceiling of Level 4 ($36,516) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 17/31 - Disaster Management Officer - (pdf 213.28 kB)
Applications for 17/31 – Disaster Management Officer should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Monday, 4 September 2017 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact the Manager Client Services – Eileen Robinson on (07) 4783 9800.