Burdekin Shire Council is seeking applications for a temporary Rates Supervisor for a period of up to six months.
This is a full time position with the hours of work totalling 72.50 hours per fortnight.
Reporting directly to the Manager Financial and Administrative Services the key responsibilities include:
- Acquire and maintain thorough knowledge of legislation, regulations, policies and procedures including Council and State Government requirements for rating.
- Support policy and budget formulation for Council rates and charges including revenue modelling.
- Ensure and maintain the integrity of the property, land and rating database for levying of rates and charges, property searches and rating system upgrades.
- Co-ordinate timely production and distribution of annual, supplementary, half-year water consumption and overdue reminder notices.
- Monitor debt collection processes and payment plans for overdue rates.
- Supervise and implement end of month and end of year rating procedures including reconciliation to general ledger.
- Supervise and co-ordinate rates personnel development and training.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 5 ($77,683pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 17/32 - Rates Supervisor (Temporary - up to six months) - (pdf 200.53 kB)
Applications for 17/32 – Rates Supervisor (Temporary) should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description.
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Friday, 25 August 2017 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact the Manager Financial and Administrative Services – Kim Olsen on (07) 4783 9800.