Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Cultural Venues Supervisor to provide administration and business services support and overall coordination of the day to day operations of the Burdekin Cultural Venues and ancillary spaces, ensuring the delivery of a customer focused, industry best practice service.
Reporting directly to the Cultural Venues Manager the key responsibilities include:
- Assist in the coordination and management of the day to day operations of the venues, including venue hire, customer service and work with the venues technical and front of house staff and volunteers, to ensure the delivery and coordination of all key services to support events and activities at the venues.
- Provide administrative and managerial support to the Cultural Venues Manager.
- Supervise venue administrative staff.
- Supervise ticketing operations, including accounting and reporting procedures, box office staff, the ticketing system, providing high quality customer services to clients and patrons.
- Prepare event estimated costing budgets, contracts and associated administrative requirements for the venues hirer’s for approval by the Cultural Venues Manager.
- Assist with the administration and management of the venue bookings calendar.
- Coordinate front of house and hospitality services, including rostering staff and volunteers, maintaining casual staff records and rosters, overseeing contracts, and coordinating stock control to ensure the effective delivery of events.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 4 ($73,031pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 17/35 - Cultural Venues Supervisor - (pdf 231.84 kB)
Applications for 17/35 – Cultural Venues Supervisor should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description.
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods.
Applications close on Tuesday, 12 September 2017 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Christopher Patrick – Cultural Venues Manager on (07) 4783 9800.