Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications to act as a casual ‘duty’ Front of House (FOH) events supervisor. The position is responsible for front of house operations, including casual and volunteer staff, for events at Council’s Cultural Venues. The Front of House Supervisor will be responsible for coordinating all front of house/catering events requirements, ensuring the delivery of a customer focused, industry best practice service.
Reporting to the Cultural Venues Supervisor the key responsibilities include:
- Provide exceptional customer service to all clients to promote and maintain a positive organisational image within the community.
- Ensure all event personnel have the up-to-date requirements for the event.
- Liaise with the Friends of the Theatre to ensure that they have all the correct details for the upcoming event.
- Prepare and ensure the venue is ready for opening to the public and opens on time.
- Ensure event times are met and the event runs smoothly.
- Ensure the venue is maintained and presented to a high standard during the event.
- Supervise bar and catering operations during the event.
- Supervise ticketing operations during the event.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The hourly rate for this position is $24.25 plus the applicable casual loading.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 17/36 - Cultural Venues - Front of House Supervisor - (pdf 199.19 kB)
Applications for 17/36 – Cultural Venues – Front of House Supervisors (Casual) should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description.
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Tuesday, 12 September 2017 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Christopher Patrick – Cultural Venues Manager on (07) 4783 9800.