Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Plumber to provide plumbing services in the Water and Waste Water section.
This is a full time position with the hours of work totalling 76 hours per fortnight.
Reporting to the Water and Waste Water Supervisor the key responsibilities include:
- Installation and maintenance of pipes, valves and hydrants in water, waste water and plumbing applications.
- Asset condition monitoring and reporting.
- Ensure work is completed to relevant Australian Standards.
- Complete paperwork as required by the Supervisor including that related to Work Health & Safety, the preparation of Supply Services issues, completion of Job Diary, and ‘As Constructed’ Sketches.
- Participate in the on-call roster.
- Attend after-hours call-outs and emergency situations when rostered-on or as otherwise required.
- Participate in meter reading when required.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 7 ($57,712pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 17/39 - Plumber - Water and Waste Water - (pdf 202 kB)
Applications for 17/39 – Plumber – Water & Waste Water should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description.
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Wednesday, 4 October 2017 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Shaun Johnston – Manager Water and Waste Water on (07) 4783 9800.