Burdekin Shire Council is seeking applications for a Leading Hand – Construction to coordinate and supervise the daily activities of the Civil Works Team in the Water and Waste Water section.
This is a full time position with the hours of work totalling 76 hours per fortnight.
Reporting to the Water and Waste Water Supervisor the key responsibilities include:
- The coordination and supervision of construction and maintenance activities on water supply and waste water infrastructure.
- Assist Supervisor WWW in achieving quality, safety and environmental outcomes for projects within Customer Service Standard timelines.
- Plan own work and work of assigned staff to achieve task completion through efficient use available plant, machinery and human resources.
- Complete risk assessments and follow established work procedures including Work Method Statements as required for assigned tasks.
- Maintain daily diary and job records as required.
- Use own judgement and experience gained within the trade to solve problems on the job.
- Interpret plans and specifications and create parts manifests from same.
- Ensure Work Health and Safety responsibilities are discharged appropriately to ensure safety of all employees, contractors and members of the public.
- Implement traffic control management schemes as required.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 8 ($60,356pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 17/40 - Leading Hand - Construction - Water and Waste Water - (pdf 206.24 kB)
Applications for 17/40 – Leading Hand – Construction – Water and Waste Water should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description.
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Wednesday, 4 October 2017 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Shaun Johnston – Manager Water and Waste Water on (07) 4783 9800.