Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for an Apprentice Engineering Tradesperson – Mechanical (Diesel Fitter). The successful applicant will complete a Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade and assist in maintaining Council’s plant and equipment fleet. The apprenticeship qualification has a nominal duration of four years.
This apprenticeship opportunity is made available with the assistance of funding under the Queensland Government’s Skilling Queenslanders for Work – First Start Program. The First Start Program primarily targets young Queensland school leavers and disadvantaged job seekers considered at risk of enduring prolonged periods of unemployment. Funding eligibility will be assessed upon receipt of your application. The First Start Program funding guideline is available at https://training.qld.gov.au/site/community-orgs/Documents/funded/sqw/first-start-funding-guidelines.pdf.
The key responsibilities include:
- Assist in the effective provision of mechanical services for the repair, maintenance and servicing of Council’s plant and equipment
- Complete all required training on time and to an acceptable level of competency
- Operate with supervision as a mobile apprentice mechanic servicing Council’s on site plant and equipment and outlying Depots as well as Councils workshop at Jones St Depot
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
Wages and Conditions of employment will be determined in accordance with the Order – Apprentices’ and Trainees’ Wages and Conditions (Excluding Certain Queensland Government Entities) 2003 and Council’s Certified Agreement. Currently, the gross fortnightly wage for a First Year Apprentice is $802.55.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 17/43 - Apprentice Engineering Tradesperson - Mechanical (Diesel Fitter) - (pdf 218.46 kB)
Applications for 17/43 – Apprentice Engineering Tradesperson – Mechanical (Diesel Fitter) should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the position description
- Apprenticeship Eligibility Questionnaire
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Friday, 13 October 2017. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Kevin Holt – Workshop Supervisor on (07) 4783 9800.