Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Community Development Support Officer to provide administrative support to the Manager Community Development and assist with the provision of community projects and events.
The key responsibilities include:
- Support the Community Development team to successfully carry out the functions of the Community Development section.
- Provide administrative support to the Manager Community Development.
- Assume responsibility for administration functions of the Community Development section.
- Independently manage and implement small-scale projects or components of large-scale projects when required and assist with event management of Council events and provide support for community events.
- Update Council’s website content and social media pages relating to Community Development activities.
- Build and maintain relationships with current and potential clients.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Demonstrated experience in providing support to Manager level positions.
- Ability to effectively communicate, liaise and research issues with community organisations and groups and other stakeholders.
- Ability to prepare correspondence, such as support letters or reports to Government Ministers and Departments.
- Ability to prepare funding applications for a variety of projects.
- Demonstrated event management skills and proven ability and knowledge to undertake council and community events.
- Ability to contribute to project teams and work as an active member of a team in planning, implementation and evaluation of projects.
- High level of computer skills, including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign and the Internet.
- Current class C drivers licence.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 2 ($60,625pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 17/45 - Community Development Support Officer - (pdf 202.15 kB)
Applications for 17/45 – Community Development Support Officer should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description.
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Wednesday 11 October, 2017 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact the Manager Community Development – Tony Vaccaro on (07) 4783 9800.