Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a casual Library Officer to provide relief duties for special circumstances and during periods of employee leave.
The key responsibilities include:
Provide excellent customer service to library clients including but not limited to:
- Issue and return books using computerised system.
- Assist clients to locate books and publications.
- Assist clients to access the Internet.
- Answer questions and queries regarding Library services.
- Use Library Catalogue to provide assistance.
- Assume responsibility for opening and closing the Library on Saturdays.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Demonstrated experience working in a public library.
- Customer service skills in providing face-to-face assistance to the public.
- Ability to effectively communicate with community organisations and groups and other stakeholders.
- Sound level of computer skills, including Microsoft Office and accessing the Internet.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The hourly rate for this position is $26.01 plus the applicable casual loading.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy - 17/46 Casual Library Officer - (pdf 206.77 kB)
Applications for 17/46 – Casual Library Officer should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description.
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Wednesday 18 October, 2017 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact the Manager Library Services – Alexis Adams on (07) 4783 9800.