Burdekin Shire Council is seeking applications for an Administration Officer to undertake a range of clerical activities including minute taking within the Administration and Records section.
This is a full time position with the hours of work totalling 72.5 hours per fortnight.
The key responsibilities include:
- Perform a range of clerical activities requiring the application of established work procedures within the Administration and Records Section
- Minute taking and preparation of minutes for Council, Committee and other meetings
- Daily capture and registration of correspondence within council’s record management system
- Agenda compilation and distribution
- Assist with disposal of records which have met the requirements of approved retention and disposal schedules
- Assist Records staff with the search and retrieval of corporate documents
- Assist with routine records tasks and processes
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 2 ($60,625pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 17/52 - Administration Officer - (pdf 213.41 kB)
Applications for 17/52 – Administration Officer should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description.
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Friday, 17 November 2017 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact the Administration and Records Coordinator – Jacqui Thomasson on (07) 4783 9800